Senior UX Designer
Therefore is seeking a qualified candidate to be a growth agent within our design strategy department. The selected candidate will engage on projects and products with the product management team in user experience research, strategy and UI/UX design.
What to Expect
As a User Experience Designer at Therefore you will design creative solutions that promote user adoption and ease of use to support the business needs. You will work collaboratively with other teams taking a project from conception, through analysis, prototyping, visual design, finally, to implementation.
In this position, you will also have the opportunity to be an agent for growth, writing thought leadership articles, working on 'karma projects', presenting at conferences and similar outreach engagements.
This position calls for a technically savvy person that is equal parts research analyst, information architect and UX designer. While focused on UX design, the successful candidate will possess a working knowledge of front-end coding practices in order to effectively collaborate with the development team.
You will manage the human-centered design process, understanding real users – their goals, aptitudes, experiences, needs, and motivations. In this role, you will approach design from a user-perspective and balance users' needs alongside business goals and technical capabilities. You will be working closely with product managers, software developers and UX designers to determine necessary features and drive the design of products. This position reports to a Senior Digital Product Manager. The ideal candidate will have experience conducting user research, extracting requirements, designing an interaction framework, iterating on a framework, and presenting ideas to development and management as well as to industry at conferences.
- Professional services agency experience preferred
- A qualified candidate will have engaged in some or most of the following UX methodologies (or comparable methods)
- Experience with research methods, such as stakeholder interviews, user interviews, user personas, heuristic evaluation, competitive audit, etc.
- Experience with strategy methods such as value proposition canvas, customer journey mapping, and identifying KPI
- Experience creating sitemaps, wireframes, user interface mockups, and prototypes
- Experience engaging in validating methodologies such as A/B testing, user testing, or user survey
- Minimum 5 years experience in UX or 7 years experience in UX combined with other related disciplines
- Organization and promptness (meet deadlines, be self motivated)
- Ability to engage and speak with clients, and their customers with confidence and subject matter authority
- Ability to receive feedback and guidance
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Life learner
A candidate will be given special consideration if they have demonstrable experience with the following:
- Experience working alongside Agile development teams
- Experience in Agile project management or planning
- Experience or education in marketing (strategy, or execution of marketing campaigns and deliverables)
- Experience or education in web development and/or solutions architecture (working knowledge of web technology, or advanced knowledge in systems design)
- Experience in graphic design, art direction and branding
- Work from a modern open-concept social atmosphere overlooking the city skyline from Liberty Village
- Getting to work - There are lots of ways to get to the office: bike, street car, bus, train…
- Pet projects - Have a great idea you want to explore? Want to learn about a new process, technology or related discipline? We give you the flexibility and encouragement you need to stay up-to-date and relevant.
- Hardware / Software - All of our machines are top-of-the-line. You want dual-monitor, or even triple, no problem. We’re currently using all Apple products and Atlassian product suite. Chairs are ergonomic high quality makes such as Herman Miller and Steelcase -- important stuff.
- Health - We provide a full featured health plan.
- Gym Membership - Gym membership in our building is free for all employees.
- Fuel - We keep the kitchen stocked with healthy snacks, drinks and of course, coffee and teas.
- High-Profile Clients - We work with amazing clients, many of which are household names. Our projects aren’t always public facing, but are very often challenging and complex. We work closely with our clients to build deeply integrated platforms and products.
- Training and Learning - We have accounts with lots of online learning resources. Find a new one that we can benefits from? Let us know and we’ll hook it up.